5 Signs Indicating the Need to Visit a Gastroenterologist
Are you experiencing unexplained digestive issues very frequently? If yes, it is time to visit a gastroenterologist in Indore and get yourself diagnosed. Often people ignore the digestive issues and think that they will go away with time. However, ignoring the situation for a long can worsen the situation and may even be life-threatening. So, visiting a gastroenterologist at the earliest is important. Here are the top signs that clearly indicate the need to visit a gastroenterologist. Let's take a look!
- Frequent HeartburnFrequent heartburn is one of the most common signs of gastric or digestive issues. It refers to a burning pain you experience in the chest. When the stomach acid goes up into the esophagus, you are likely to experience heartburn. Irritants like spicy food, fried foods, cigarettes, and alcohol can cause heartburn. Make sure to reach out to a gastroenterologist if you experience heartburn along with serious signs like dizziness, shortness of breath, and bloody bowel movements.
- Loss of Appetite Are you experiencing loss of appetite or feeling nausea at the sight of food? If yes, there is a chance that you are suffering from a digestive issue. So, visiting a gastroenterologistcan be an ideal option. The professional may ask you about your family history and conduct a physical exam to determine the actual cause behind the symptom.
- ConstipationConstipation is quite common among people. However, if you have a painful bowel movement along with dry stool and bloating, you must not ignore the sign. Acute cases of constipation may be due to acute appendicitis, dehydration, or acute intestinal obstruction. On the other hand, the chronic causes include metabolic and endocrine diseases, anal fissures, and inflammatory bowel syndrome. Visiting a gastroenterologist can help in identifying the accurate cause and getting the right treatment.
- Sudden or Severe Abdominal PainBellyaches are normal. However, if you are experiencing severe and sudden abdominal pain, it isn't normal. It may be a potential sign of a peptic ulcer or a stomach ulcer. If you leave the ulcer untreated, it can lead to scarring and swelling and ultimately block the digestive tract. Moreover, severe abdominal pain may also be due to liver disease. So, without any delay, consulting a gastroenterologist is the right thing to do. They can determine the cause and provide you with the best solutions.
- DiarrheaDiarrhea is a common issue that gets resolved in a day or two. However, if diarrhea lasts for about four weeks or more, then it is a matter to worry about. Make sure not to ignore this symptom, as it can be life-threatening. Visit a gastroenterologist, get yourself diagnosed, and opt for the right treatment.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, then it is time to book an appointment with a gastroenterologist in Indore and get treated on time. Make sure to consult an experienced and reputed gastroenterologist to get the best results. The professional will help in diagnosing the issue accurately and provide you with the correct treatment for faster recovery.