Best Umbilical hernia Treatment In India
Related By Laparoscopy
|#||Umbilical hernia Treatment Cost||Average Price||Price|
|1||How much does a surgery cost in India?||100000.00||70000.00 - 100000.00|
About Umbilical hernia
An umbilical hernia is a type of hernia that forms the inner lining of your belly and pushes the hole near the belly button.
Umbilical hernias are very common in infants and young children, particularly in prematurely born babies.
Umbilical hernias are quite prevalent in newborns and young children, especially preterm neonates.
An umbilical hernia is characterised by a painless bulge at or near the belly button (navel).
It may expand when you laugh, cough, weep, or go to the bathroom, and it may contract when you relax or lie down.
Cause of umbilical hernia
- Congenital weakness
- Excessive pressure on the abdominal wall An open channel of the umbilical cord
- Abdominal surgeries
- Persistent cough
Symptoms of umbilical hernia
- Swelling or bulge near the navel
- Severe abdominal pain
- Tenderness around the bulge
- Vomiting or nausea
- Discolored skin around the bulge
Umbilical hernia symptoms include:
Occlusion - when a section of the bowel becomes stuck outside the abdomen, causing nausea, vomiting, and pain strangulation - when a section of the bowel becomes trapped and its blood supply is cut off; this necessitates emergency surgery within hours to release the trapped tissue and restore its blood supply so it does not die
Although surgery will remove the hernia and avoid any significant consequences, there is a possibility that it will recur after the procedure.
What is the cause of an umbilical hernia?
- The umbilical cord passes through a hole in the baby's belly during pregnancy (tummy).
- This gap should resolve quickly after delivery, but in rare situations the muscles may not entirely shut down.
- This causes a weakness in the muscle wall around it (abdominal wall).
- An umbilical hernia occurs when fatty tissue or a portion of the colon protrudes into the region surrounding the navel.
- Factors that might lead to the development of an umbilical hernia in adults include:
- Being overweight or obese causes strain while lifting or carrying big goods.
- I have a chronic heavy cough.
- Multiple pregnancy: having twins or triplets as a result of a multiple pregnancy
When surgery is required
Surgical repair of an umbilical hernia
- Umbilical hernia repair is a straightforward treatment that typically takes 20 to 30 minutes. A general anaesthetic is frequently administered to prevent discomfort during the procedure.
- Stitches are generally used to close the weak area in the abdominal wall in youngsters. A specific mesh may be inserted to reinforce the region instead if the hernia is significant or in adults.
- You or your child should be able to return home the same day as the surgery. While you heal, you may feel a little uncomfortable and in pain.
- Strenuous activities should be avoided for a few weeks after the procedure, and taking time off from school or work is typically advised. The majority of individuals are
Umbilical hernia surgery complications
- Umbilical hernia repair complications are infrequent, but they can include.
- Wound infection: the wound may be red, have a yellow discharge, and be painful or swollen.
- The wound has ruptured.
- The hernia reappearing
How much does a surgery cost in India?
The cost of surgery varies across the country. can range from around Rs. 20,000, to Rs. 50,000 .