Abortion through Medication: An effective solution for terminating unwanted pregnancy!
Becoming a mother is a choice, not an obligation. So, you can take time and choose to conceive when you are absolutely ready. Today, people are aware of the effectiveness of birth control medications. Still, unintended pregnancies are quite common. Often a contraceptive failure may result in unplanned conception. If you find yourself in such a situation, don’t panic! Reach out to the top medical professionals; they often prescribe abortion pills considering your health and pregnancy stage. These pills are a safe to eliminate accidental pregnancy and revive normalcy.
- Mifepristone: The female body releases a hormone called progesterone that helps develop the pregnancy perfectly. It thickens the uterus lining and enables the successful implantation of the embryo. Mifepristone blocks your body from producing progesterone, thus preventing the pregnancy from growing.
- Misoprostol: A synthetic prostaglandin medication, misoprostol is often used to start labour, stop post-partum bleeding or cause first-trimester abortion. If your healthcare provider suggests using it alongside Mifepristone, you might require swallowing the medicine within 48 hours of taking the former. It starts working almost immediately, binding to the myometrial cells and causing strong uterine contractions. This results in heavy cramping and bleeding, thus expelling the tissues and emptying the uterus.
- There are no such restrictions regarding having any specific food before or after taking the medication. But if you have any doubts, consider taking your healthcare provider's advice.
- Abortion pills will cause a lot of cramping and bleeding. You need to stay at home and take ample rest. So, plan your day accordingly.
- Heavy bleeding associated with cramps is uncomfortable. You might also need some medicine to control the pain. Hence, stock your sanitary napkins and arrange comfort food, painkillers alongside interesting movies to pass the time with ease.
- You might feel tired for a day or two before coming back to normalcy. Of course, you can resume normal activities but consider avoiding hard work.