Best Endoscopy Foreign Body Removal Treatment In India
Related By Gastroenterology
People will occasionally swallow food or foreign bodies that become lodged in the digestive tract. The substances usually travel through the digestive tract and are expelled from the body in the form of faeces. When a foreign item does not leave the body on its own, a procedure may be required to remove it.
Endoscopic foreign body removal is what it sounds like ?
Why would I require endoscopic foreign body removal?
- Food containing animal or fish bones
- Pencils or pens
- Shaver blades
- Batteries, particularly disc batteries that might degrade when exposed to stomach acid, can become lodged in the oesophagus.
- Objects measuring more than 6 cm (about 2.5 inches)
- Multiple magnets that can attract each other in different parts of the intestines, causing a rip
- Bones and other pointed or pointy items.
How should I get ready for endoscopic foreign body removal?
- Because this treatment is often used in an urgent or emergency circumstance, no special preparation is required.
- If at all feasible, please inform the care team.
- If you know what the foreign item is, please tell me.
- Whether you have previously experienced food or other foreign body blockages
What are the dangers associated with endoscopic foreign body removal?
- Endoscope retrieval tools
- Improper food bolus administration
- Sharp object
- Small disc or button batteries
- long thing
- Narcotic body packs Bezoar
- Small intestinal foreign substances