Best Root Canal Treatment Treatment In India
Related By Dentistry
Instead of removing a severely damaged or diseased tooth, a root canal is performed to treat and preserve it. The term "root canal" refers to the cleaning of the canals within a tooth's root. Root canal treatments were once highly uncomfortable. Because to dental advancements and local anaesthetics, most patients have little to no discomfort during a root canal. In actuality, having a rotten tooth is likely to be more painful. Root canal treatment options include extraction of the affected tooth, no further treatment, or replacement of the tooth with a dental implant, bridge, or removable partial denture.
About Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
If the tooth decay is limited to the first two layers, it can be corrected with Filling/ Restoration. In case the tooth decay reaches the third layer and causes inflammation or infection of the pulp, an RCT or Endodontic Treatment is needed. The outer portion or Crown of a tooth is a three-layered structure namely – Enamel, Dentin & Pulp.
Why Need This ?
Root Canal Treatment (RCT) also known as Endodontic Treatment, this procedure is done by an Endodontist who is known as a Root Canal Specialist. The procedure involves: Removal of inflamed or infected tooth material Cleaning and disinfection Filling and sealing with an inert material Restoration and crown/cap
Symptoms of RCT
- The most common symptom that one might need Root Canal Treatment is toothache.
- The pain can range from mild to severe. With time it may worsen, and you will feel the pain even when you bite your food.
- The other reason is prolonged sensitivity. If you feel sensations in your tooth while consuming something hot or cold, then there is the slightest chance that you need to undergo Root Canal Treatment.
- Swelling in the gums can also be a sign that you need Root Canal Treatment.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS NOT RECEIVED?
WHAT IS THE ROOT CANAL TREATMENT PROCEDURE?
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT POST-TREATMENT CARE
- Avoid applying pressure on the teeth. Because there is no crown, the tooth is not shielded and can be harmed by applying pressure.
- Eat soft foods instead of crunchy or firm ones until your body is fully restored.
- Observe caution when brushing. Avoid using aggressive brushing techniques.
- Get a dental crown as soon as you can to prevent further harm to your teeth.
- If you have any complications or excruciating discomfort, see your dentist.
What should I do to prepare for root canal treatment?
How long does a root canal procedure take?
Do root canals cause pain?
What should I expect following a root canal?
While you should not have substantial pain following a root canal, you may experience sensitivity for the first few days. These are typical symptoms that can be effectively handled with prescription or over-the-counter pain medicines. In most cases, adverse symptoms subside after one to two weeks.
What are the benefits of a root canal procedure?
- Prevent the spread of infection to other teeth.
- Relieve the symptoms of an infected tooth.
- Reduce the possibility of jawbone injury.
- Get rid of the necessity for teeth extractions.